Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:23:16 -0400
One problem we have with the neonics is we really do not have data on all
nectar sources and what the actual levels of the neonics are.

We do have some data on the levels that cause bee problems with the first
RFID study, which might be the best to date.

My guess is that there may be some nectar sources that have higher
concentrations which may cause problems for bees. But my guess is also that
the problems are minor.

The Harvard study did have some good. It showed that it took a
unrealistically high level of Imid to even cause recordable problems,
levels well beyond anything found to date, even on sunflowers. And even
with the high levels, the bees more likely succumbed to what we all
experience.

So, if we can use thresholds from the RFID study, and show various
nectar/pollen levels, maybe we can rationally discuss what is going on with
our bees around the neonics.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine