From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:28:08 -0600
> At a time when America is losing jobs to GATT and NAFTA is putting US
> farmers out of business why should the Americn honey producer/beekeeper
> sit back and be taxed to support marketing programs that only increase
> demand for foreign honey.

Imported honey pays too, and should do so.  After all any program that
sells honey increases the price of all honey in that market.

Protectionism is out of the question these days.  Some say it is what
caused the Great Depression.  So we have to live with what we've got and
try to co-operate.

> PUSH United States Honey

A good idea.  But it does not mean that everyone will buy it if it costs
more than other honey.  The answer is to create demand for all honey and
thus increase the price for all honey.

Allen
---
Newsflash!  Visit http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
to search BEE-L archives the easy, easy way or to
update or change your subscription options.
---