From:
Glyn Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:11:01 -0000
Dear B-Liners
                        Bees in plastic buckets?  Never for me!  Excess humidity,  condensation in cold weather but
above all in dry weather there will be static charges on the surface of the plastic whenever it is handled or walked
over by bees.

There was a renown beekeeper locally, always looking for cheap, usually bodged, systems to keep bees. Death and
aggression came from his plastic buckets and his neighbours were unfriendly too.  He harmed bees and the reputation of
beekeepers.   I haven't heard from him for some time.  Perhaps he is keeping chickens in sheds of discarded asbestos;
warm, waterproof and very cheap!

Glyn Davies, Ashburton, Devon UK