From:
Joseph Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 10:16:54 -0400
On Tue, 4 Apr 1995, Gordon L. Scott wrote:

> Our local Association has been using french  chalk  (talc),  icing
> sugar and lactic acid on a low-key investigative basis.

Thanks for this posting and for your many contributions to this list.

I wish you success and eagerly await your further reports..  Although I
had personal knowledge of the crashing phenomenon last fall, I don't like
Apistan one whit.

Query: Is French chalk in any way different from common talc, hydrous
magnesium silicate?  I have heard that some talc deposits contain the
dreaded "a" substance, asbestos.  For this reason fewer and fewer babies'
bottoms are being dusted with the mildly perfumed talcum powder of years
gone by.

*     Joseph Cooper     *