From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:08:50 -0500
On 22 Jan 97 at 9:51, Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote: Apology to the List

> I'm sorry that this discuss has taken such a nasty turn and become a
> bother to the list.  I hope we find a magic bullet, and if mineral oil
<snip>
> I will still remain cautious.  Like Adrian, we found that colonies
> usually collapse in the second or third year of a varroa infestation (48
> colonies, sampled monthly for tracheal and varroa mites), 23,000 bees cut
> and the numbers of mites in each trachea recorded.

I don't think this matter has become a bother to the list! I agree we
should all be looking for the magic bullet, I just hope that beekeepers
everywhere will persevere in the search. There appears to be an attitude
developing from some academics (present company excepted) to frown on
beekeepers who try new ideas. They use predictions of doom and gloom as
scare tactics but forget, we are the people who are desperatley trying to keep
 our bees alive.
        Would it be possible please to give a little more details regarding the
second part of this post? Is this with or without treatment?

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario, Canada. L3V 6H1
David Eyre, Owner. Phone/Fax 705 326 7171
Agents for E.H.Thorne & B.J.Sherriff UK
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks