From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:50:46 -0000
I would have though that this statement was axiomatic:
consider the spread of varroa throughout the world and how the incidence
would be found to have jumped continents and jumped over countries.

or even within countries: I first found varroa in my colonies when the
nearest reported incidence was over 50 miles away! If you allowed for
natural transmission the rate of spread would be no more than 6 miles per
year.

Ruary