Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 16:36:31 -0400
Hi everyone. I am having a serious issue with neighbors at our mountain farm where my mother lives. They are trying to get a special use permit to install a bio-remediation site that will dump up to 19 acres of petroleum waste, including diesel and gasoline, at an unlined site. The property boundary is Big Creek, which runs into the Dan River.

I am not happy at all about this. It has many consequences, but I am trying to focus on the effects on my honey bees. I think I can draw more support from that angle. Can anyone help me find information of the effects of petroleum products on bees? We were only given 2 weeks to prepare before the board of commissioners meeting on June 5.

http://myfox8.com/2012/05/28/proposed-soil-treatment-facility-concerns-stokes-co-residents/