From:
Kay Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 00:03:51 -0800
On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, (Thomas) (Cornick) wrote:

> I am looking for a source U.S. for subterranean clover to try as bee forage.

Ampac Seed, 32727 Highway 98, PO Box 318, Tangent, OR 97389 is a wholesale
source.  I wouldn't be surprised to see sub clover on the list of "green
manures" offered by Peaceful Valley Farm Supply, PO Box 2209, 125 Springhill
Blvd, Grass Valley, CA 95945  (916) 272-4769.  Peaceful Valley sells
small packets to a few pounds of seeds; I've always been happy with their
quality, but don't have a catalog at hand to see if they do have sub clover.

One of my botany students back in Iowa was experimenting with anise
hyssop, Agastache foeniculum or A. anethiodora, as bee forage.  I never
heard what his experiences were once we found some seed for him.  Any
one else tried it?

Kay Lancaster    [log in to unmask]