From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:57:46 -0600
> Assuming they are able to develop the superbee, the problem I guess, will
> be
> how to "flood the market"

The 4.1 million dollar super bee! *If* the super bee is developed in time I
would guess somebody would patent the bee *paid for by tax payer dollars*(
think megbee pollen sub)  and
the price of a queen would run ??????

If you could not afford the queens then I guess your bees will die!

My guess is the 4.1 million dollar  superbee is a pipe dream and a money pit
without a bottom.

Still no bee which can totally survive varroa without ever needing a varroa
treatment in a commercial migratory operation and its only been over 20
years since the search started!

4.1 million dollars available  and we are trying to find a way to get money
to get samples analyzed. Seems to me the *national bee expert* ( taken from
the article guys!) Keith Delaplane is not funding what most beekeepers feel
is needed to find a cause for the die -off.

bob