From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2012 13:12:54 -0800
>I stand by each post I presented and need to reply to those which seem to
say the possibility that 2 4 D is not a concern for beekeepers

I haven't heard anyone on the List saying that 2,4-D is not a concern.
 Rather, we are only correcting factual errors in your posts.  That hardly
makes anyone who wants to get the facts straight a salesperson for the
product.  This is not a black or white world, those of us who seek the
facts are forced to think in shades of gray.

> > Saying dioxin is not usually found in 2 4 D at some level to me is a
> laughable .

Bob, I'm curious then.  Could you please steer us toward any evidence that
dioxin is found in 2,4-D.

> >worth reading in its entirety: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**
> Agent_Orange <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange>

Did.  Did you?  The article explains that "in 1969, it was revealed to the
public that the 2,4,5-T [NOT the 2,4-D] was contaminated with a dioxin" and
that "While the two herbicides that make up Agent Orange, 2,4-D and
2,4,5-T, remain toxic over a short period—a scale of days or weeks—they
quickly degrade."

So Bob, it appears to me that the 2,4-D/dioxin connection is a myth, unless
you can present any evidence to the contrary.  I'm not trying to sell
2,4-D, just trying to learn the actual truth.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA