Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:35:46 -0400
Bill said:
"Yesterday,10 July, during my afternoon walkabout with old dog and lit
cigar, I saw early goldenrod (we have, I think, at least four species up
here) beginning to bloom.  This is the earliest I have seen it bloom"

I am in Central lower Michigan-almost dead center-and almost everything is
4-6 weeks early this year.  Sweet Clover started mid-June and normally it is
mid to end July.  Knap Weed and Asters are getting ready to pop and Golden
Rod is heading up.  Since Alfalfa has been coming off since late May, we
will likely get late bloom-early September- to help build stores for winter.
Pulling honey in years like this can be a real guessing game if the girls
are going to have enough winter stores.  This year, I will pull early and
feed, feed, feed!

Coleene