From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 10:06:04 -0400
Dick asked:

> in spite of your long-winded diatribe, how does
> any of what you've unproductively spent a good
> deal of your time pecking away on your computer
> have to do with what you originally wrote about
> feeding fumigillan to bees?

Perhaps I was not clear enough.

1) I said that spraying Fumagillin was an untested
   approach, one being "debunked" more than "verified"
   by what preliminary results have appeared.

2) You thought otherwise. So did a few others.

3) You also mused that Eric backed your ad-hoc
   treatment approach, based upon your personal
   interpretation of his newsletter.

4) While it is true that instruction sheets were
   circulating with spraying mentioned as an option,
   Eric clarified that this "advice" was being
   given in advance of any actual data to support it.

5) Eric also pointedly declined multiple opportunities
   to advocate Fumagillin spraying for any reason.

6) So, Eric made clear that the interpretation of
   his newsletter was in error, and that the
   instruction sheets were at least "premature",
   if not an utterly irresponsible move on the
   part of the manufacturer.

I thought all of this "well-known facts", as the
level of dismay over the lack of Nosema control has
been high, and no one has been shy about voicing
their dismay.