From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 2009 20:35:44 -0500
Hello Mike & All,
Glad you explained our opinion of the program. Maybe when beeks hear from
you instead of always me they will realize how little trickle down
economics actually reaches beekeepers.

The beeks like Hackenberg which borrowed around $450,000 U.S. to get back
into the bee business with the first documented case of CCD did not get a
dime. Those with CCD the next year did not get a dime.
However now (when most beeks have excellent bees) you could make a claim
*if* you are a member of the club.

Why did you not tell the beeks about all the hoops you need to jump through
to join the big brother club.

So far I do not know of a single beek which has joined the club (although I
have heard talk of ways to claim losses now for the 2006/2007 losses) but
why
can't beeks with CCD losses simply get help.

Millions did trickle down to many senators favorite charities ( colleges in
their home states for bee research).
I am not saying a bad thing but only wonder who will do the nations
pollination when we are gone.

I have never claimed CCD losses but I feel for friends (like hackenberg and
Sundberg) which did have losses.

Farmers in Midwest:
This year planting time was wet. However you can't claim a loss unless the
field is planted. Millions of acres were simply planted so the farmer could
claim loss money. Taxpayers pay for these losses.
Millions of needless Ag chemicals were dumped in order for the chemical
companies to get paid for chemicals, seed companies for seed and the farmer
to reap profits ( which he would not get if no insurance).

At the restaurant at our roundtable discussions:
in discussions these guys have screwed us for so long they see nothing wrong
with what they are doing. Point out that all the farmers do it. Seem to
think that screwing the government is not screwing taxpayers.

bob