From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:04:16 -0400
Peter wrote:>>>> the massive invasion of essentially pure Scuts from South
America.<<<<<

This would tend to lump all southern AHBs in the same basket. This would not
jibe with the facts. They do have a beekeeping industry down there and there
is much variation. I could attach a picture of a peasant beekeeper working
bees in a T-shirt or refer you to my friend that has worked these bees in
five countries without gloves. In a personal communication with a Brazilian
beek:  he said that: ".. of my 100 hives, 80 are manageable; the rest are
psychotic." And you couldn't give an EHB colony away down there as they are
regarded as wells of disease and mites. I'm not saying they are not "pure,"
just embellishing what is meant by that word.

Dick Marron