From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 10:22:28 -0600
Andy Nachbauer says:

Try the Bee SPY-Cam (under construction)
http://beenet.com/bcam/swarm.htm

Bee sure and see the Dead Drone at
"University of Montana Bee Cam"

http://www.umt.edu/biology/bees

As Andy now knows, the only reason he saw the Dead Drone at our Bee Cam was
that he bookmarked our old address (which I warned people not to do).

As soon as he linked to the correct address, he saw moving bees.

Had us scratching our heads about that Dead Drone.  Thought it might be Andy.

Ever since we got our observation hive on-line, we have been working
towards a better video server.  Our video cam now has a dual 333 MHz
processor unit firing the camera.  You can see a cam image at 15 second
intervals (for those of you with slow connections) or a "video" of bees
moving into and out of the hive at 1 second intervals.

Check out our link about the Observation Hive to see a picture of the setup
(hive, camera, etc.)

BUT, DON'T USE OUR OLD ADDRESSES.  THE AUTOFORWARDS DO NOT ALWAYS ENGAGE.
Clear any old bookmarks for our site (we use four servers, so clear them all).

Find us at http://www.umt.edu/biology/bees

Also, our weather is still cool.  Our bees are usually flying between late
morning (after 11 a.m.) until about 6 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time).  If
the camera is not showing any bees, CHECK  the TIME  and the WEATHER.  We
are two hours behind the east coast, and one ahead of the west coast.

You can access a weather station on the roof of our building to see weather
the bees will be going out.  Remember, they don't fly in rain, wind, or cold.

Also, the observation hive flight counter is also on line.

Finally, we have re-done the kids page with jokes, our own trivia
questions, and some tougher questions about famous beekeepers for kids of
all ages (even old beekeepers).

Cheers

Jerry J. Bromenshenk
Research Professor