From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:40:21 -0500

Registration is now open for the University of Montana's Master-Level Beekeeping, On-Line course to be held March 28-May 20.

Visit URL: www.umt.edu/bee<http://www.umt.edu/bee>.

In this 8-week Master Beekeeping course, learn about bee pheromones and genetics, anatomy and reproduction, bee flight, hive products, bee nutrition, basic principles for conducting your own experiments, record keeping, and other advanced bee management topics.

This course is only open for registration to students who have successfully passed/completed one of the sections of our Journeyman online classes.

This fully online course is the third and final level in the Master Beekeeping Certificate Program offered by UM with instruction by Dr. Jerry Bromenshenk, Scott Debnam, and Phillip Welch. It will be offered for Certificate for 3 University level, Academic Credits.

In addition to UM instructors, we will have guest Experts for the Nutrition and Experimental Design Topics.

We are currently testing online, live Q&A sessions in our new Apprentice Section beginning this coming Monday.  If successful, we plan on having our guest experts available to the Masters level course students at a scheduled time to address the entire class, field question in a live, face-to-face format.

Also, this will be the first section of our courses to use Moodle's new, SNAP format.  It should be more intuitive, easier to navigate, and it should be accessible on devices such as tablets and cell phones- in addition to desktop computers, laptops, and larger tablets.  Fair warning, this first section of the Master's Course will test new features.  Please note, we have increased the number of credits for this course - we expect it to be challenging.

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert
Missoula, Mt