From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 09:07:53 -0400
 "Ken Umbach wrote
>like a perfectly ordinary text files!  It could be the weird coincidence
>that a string in the text just happens to match the signature of some
>virus program known to the Norton virus checker.  But text files are not
>executed, so there should be no possible danger!  If I am missing

Hi Ken,
           In future I will keep my mouth shut. I put that post as a helpful
hint,not virus paranoia, and all I got back was abuse, your's was the only
rational comment.
        I don't have time to sit and watch the mail come in. I switch it on
and walk away, when I came back there were two un-solicited files on my hard
drive. Because I have two companies records and 3 years data, I don't open
strange files without running a virus check first. When Norton had a look it
reported a virus!! I certainly didn't open and examine those files, I just
deleted them.
        Now I have a problem, as a fair minded citizen, should I report it,
or just ignore it? Perhaps it would have been better to ignore it, that's
what will happen in future!!
        Perhaps, when a few hard drives have been trashed, and valuable data
lost,as happened to a friend of mine, we might decide that public dispersal
of un-solicited files should be a no -no on the BEE-L.

   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *