From:
GImasterBK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 17:25:37 EDT
I don't want my honey smelling like Vicks.  Why not use PROVEN treatments:
Menthol about Sept 1st or before and grease patties all 12 months; or maybe
your bees are not that important to you.
I fail to understand why we want to use treatment for humans as treatment for
bees; particularly when scientists all over the world have been searching for
15 years to find treatment for tracheal mites.
Some say they can't use menthol in August because of a nectar flow.  Then they
have to decide which is more important: honey or live bees.  If they chose
live bees, then they will have to keep grease patties (withOUT terramyacin) in
place all 12 months of the year.  We all hope that science will soon find a
solution, but Vicks Vapor Rub in my honey is not it.       George