From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:16:39 -0400
a Mr Oliver snip...
I don't mind being wrong, but I hate being flatly wrong.

My response...
Of course you both are (to my way of thinking) partially right and partially wrong.

Agency funds only go so far...  so yes money spent on lawyers is not money spent on monitoring or analysis or risk determination or whatever.  Even at the federal level within agencies there are budgetary concerns.

However (and sad as this may be) with out the lawyers there would be no fear of being accused of wrong doing nor the threat of financial penalties.

There does seem to be a political trend to demonize any and all government programs and employees.