From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:49:00 -0500
Since I am already emergency feeding a couple of my hives, I decided to break down, hedge my bet, and order some package bees.  Randy's website has some great info on treating package bees post-introduction with an oxalic acid dribble.  Since I bought an OA vaporizer last year, I'm wondering, if I could vapor treat, instead of using a dribble.  Does anyone have any experience with this method of treatment for packages?  I was thinking I could even do it a day or so after introduction into the hive by removing the still-caged queen for a few minutes to reduce the risk of injury (Randy's site recommends treating with the dribble about 6 days post-introduction into the hive).  Thoughts?

I'm also planning to monitor mite drop post treatment to see just how bad (or good) the mite load is for package bees.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Claremont, NH, US