From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:20:45 +0100
Hi P-O

> The proponents of a.m.m. are doing the opposite, trying to
> revert back to something lost 100 years ago.

There may be some people that seek to do what you say, but I and most of
my friends are not trying to turn the clock back and go back in time.

I want a bee based on AMM because nature tells me that it is right for
the circumstances, I want a bee that is stable and breeds true, is fit
for modern beekeeping and the pests it is going to encounter.

Another way of putting it is that I seek the bee that the 100 year old
stocks of AMM would have become if they had the advantage of a dedicated
following like that which has grown up for the Buckfast cause, and bees
that had been selected over that whole period of time would be
considerably better than 100 years ago.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)