From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:52:42 EST
In a message dated 99-03-24 09:13:06 EST, [log in to unmask] (String & Linda
Monteith) wrote:

<<....... but I question how you know this is truly a "wild"
 swarm and not one that previously left your beeyard, or a neighboring one? >>

    So do I, so do I......

    The swarm in question is several miles from any of my bees. I doubt there
could be kept bees in this area without my knowledge. I kept bees about an
eighth of a mile from here once, but closed that yard about ten years ago.

    Of course there is a question of how far bees can travel in swarms. My
past experience indicates that the first time they pitch is usually very close
to the parent. If I search, I can usually find the origin.

    Time will tell.......

Dave Green   SC  USA
The Pollination Home Page   http://www.pollinator.com
The Pollination Scene   http://members.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop on the Internet  (honey & beeswax candles)
http://members.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm