From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:30:33 -0500
Hi All

When we visited Australia and New Zealand in 2000 both had signs
posted in the airports about the fines imposed if you didn't declare
the foods you had in your possession.  We had nothing when going into
Oz but had some carded fleece and honey samples from Tasmania when
entering NZ.  Neither were allowed in.  At that time, NZ did not have
EFB while Tasmania did, according to the official at Christchurch
airport.

I have many customers originally from Japan and Korea who bring
visitors from those countries to buy my honey to take home with
them.  I warn them to check with officials back home before trying to
take honey with them.  I have never been told about seizures nor that
our honey is allowed.  Some people take several cases, some as heavy
as 12 kg on the plane with them.  One, I did hear about was a fellow
going to the middle east via New York where he tried to board his
flight with several jars of my honey in his carry-on.  Hmmm!!!!

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W