From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:56:11 -0700
>There should be no difference between a natural and synthetic molecule
since

> a molecule is a molecule no matter how it comes about. (There is a caveat
> as
> there can be isomers.)

Sorry if I read the issue differently.  I understand that a molecule is a
molecule.
Pete asked why we distrust synthetics.
I answered the question generically--once bitten, twice shy.
I wasn't trying to say that there is a difference between specific
molecules.

However, your point about isomers, and especially about traces of other
compounds in either natural extracts or synthesized molecules is likely
valid.  Few use reagent grade compounds for practical treatments.
Therefore, traces of manufacturing artifacts, or beneficial natural
synergists could well raise valid issues.

Randy Oliver--drinking hundreds, if not thousands of natural (and likely
some synthetic) molecules in my extract of roasted (which creates new
molecules) seeds of* Coffea arabica*