From:
T'N'T Apiaries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 06:51:07 -0700
Steve:

> Since this will be an important and likely expensive purchase, I would
>prefer to work from an informed viewpoint and get it right the first
>time.  There seems to be no end to the variety that is available as well.

How many hives do you logcally think you will have in three years? Five
years? Ever?
I see that you are in Alaska and doubt that you can upsize or downsize very
easily. Is there any possibilty that your friend or someone else not to far
away needs "more" extractor as well and a joint purchase could be made and
utilized? If you extract more than once a year, can things sit more or less
where they are going to be used or do they need to be relocated each time?

Things of course change, but addressing these are questions will help you
narrow the field.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB