From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:48:15 -0600
> Local beekeepers ranked sexual performance
enhancement as the most common reason for therapeutic mad honey
consumption in men aged 41 through 60 years.

I have only came across two cases of customers which claimed sexual
enhancement from large amounts of honey.
Both of these men purchase the largest amounts of gallons of honey for
personal use (other than women for cooking) I sell.
One claims ( and his wife says is true) he drinks a CUP of honey each
morning. The man tells me he has untold energy from the honey. His wife
usually comes to pick up between 4-10 gallons at a time.
She always says with a wink she would hate for her husband to run out of his
honey!

The other is a retired commercial beekeeper. He says honey is the key to
youth. Takes large amounts daily.  The strange thing is  these people are
not fat or even overweight. No sugar diabetes.

I did have a conversation years ago when I began selling bee pollen. A
fellow started buying pollen regularly. He claimed sexual performance
results. I never argue with the claims made by my customers and then one day
a lady showed up at the booth claiming to be his wife and gave me hell for
selling him the bee pollen and said not to sell him pollen again! After the
verbal abuse I said I would speak with her husband next time he showed up
but she said again to not sell him the pollen. My wife and helpers heard the
entire episode and we all looked at each other with blank looks then we
laughed and made a few private jokes. We never saw the husband or the wife
again and to this day do not know if a joke or not. My wife and helpers felt
the woman was sincere.

Hard to figure claims out.

A joke I play on my wife which to this day has not been figured out is to
give a few bucks to one of the transient Italian workers at the market to
stop by my booth and ask about the honey. Then when he leaves to thank me
and my wife for telling about the honey *only* he refers to my wife as my
daughter. Makes  her day. She is in a great mood the rest of the day and
tells all her fiends. All her friends privately want to be let in on the
joke but I say "what joke ?".They are puzzled as keeps happening several
times a year over the last decade. My wife is older than I am and I think it
would be hard for a person to mistake her for my daughter.

bob