Date:
Thu, 17 May 2012 14:57:32 -0400
> The fact that the authors didn't even notice that their
>main photo showed a bee suffering from DWV is an example what can happen
>when non beekeepers write about pesticide problems for honey bees.

I wondered the first time this was mentioned and am wondering again. What
does this matter, and does it affect the other contents?  Who made the decision
to use that picture?  Was it the authors or some graphic artist given the job of
masking a pretty document?  I'd guess the latter and that the authors may never
have seen it until it was final and even then did not give it more than a glance
on the way to checking the _content_.

How many of us bothered to treat that picture as part of the document?  I didn't
and am surprised -- and a little impressed -- that someone actually took the time
to look closely. (And has his specs on.  He is right, of course, but I thought an
occasional bee with deformed wings is part of a normal colony for that matter).

Anyhow, I did not have a lot of problem with the content, but then again, I did
not give it a particularly careful look as it seems to me that it was more of what we
have been looking at and more balanced than most.

A question: How many typos, poor choices of stock photos and other minor errors
does it take to discredit a document and distract us from the meat?

If this is the only mistake they made in printing it out, they did better than most
of us.