From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:53:36 -0600
Hello Layne & All,
Layne wrote:
 I have helped people before in my area who have had honey
 bees in the walls of their house or something similar, but in Texas, I
cannot
legally be paid to do it because the structural pest control board
 passed a law  that only a licensed structural pest control operator can be
paid to do it.  A hobby beekeeper without a license cannot.

States differ in their laws but in MOST states including Missouri you can
remove and charge BUT not apply pesticides(even Walmart pesticides) and
charge. You can apply peticides if you do not charge a fee.
In my opinion the rule you are talking about is maybe in effect to prevent a
stinging incident from removing African bees by a person which is not
experienced in handling AHB.
Apparently we are talking about a Texas state law. If so you should be able
to get a copy of the law so you can read for yourself.  Contact Paul Jackson
as he is the state Entomoligist and have him fax you a copy of the law (if
there is such a law). Please post what you find out as we have got bees in
Texas and would like to know what the new law says as we have never heard of
the law.
Department of Entomology
Texas A&M University
College Station,Texas 77843-2475
office: 409-845-9713
I will be seeing Paul in person in March and will ask him about the law for
you. I never take word of mouth as fact when legal matters are involved.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison