From:
Andreas Sch|ck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 14:42:38 -0400
Elroy Rogers wrote:

> Greg Zujus wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> > I am new to beekeeping and I am preparing A location for my apiary. The site
> > I have in mind for my Apiary is under a set of 3 high power lines. I have
> > read that electro magnetic fields such as those created by high power lines
> > affect the performance of honey bee hives. Does anyone have an opinion or
> > experience on this ? Should I look for a new location ?

> Hi all,
>
> If any one has a good answer to this I hope they post to list, I would
> like to read it also.
Some month ago I had the same question, since a HP line were built
streight over some of my apiaries and over two of my fecundation fields.
I posed the same question to bee-l as you did.
My experience: No problems at all. The queens mated well,(near 8000)
since the electricity service started(300 megawatts). Besides that,
we had the best honey crop since 5 years. Of course, the good crop is
not the result from the power line , but as I could experience, the line
doesn4t harm the bees.
You can sleep well as I can again !
Hasta la vista,
Andreas Schuck