From:
"A.Piercy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 15:49:16 +0000
I've been reading comments about unnecessary treatments of bees and
the possible dangers. I have just been to the national Bee Show in
London and met a bee pathologist from the Ministry of agriculture,
Farming and Fisheies (MAFF) and he had a story of a beekeeper who
treated with lactic acid (referred to as a soft chemical in britain)
and had massive bee loss of around a 100 colonies due to not getting
it quite right. Clearly some of the technical problems to do with
treatment are not as straight forward as they have been sometimes
represented. Andrew Piercy.