From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:44:40 -0500
Medhat wrote:

>This product (Gaucho) has been approved in Canada this year. It will  be
>used for the first time on Canola this year, 2000.

It is my understanding that the pesticide "Admire" is also imidacloprid.
This has been used on potatoes in Prince Edward Island (Canada) for three or
four years now.  But bees do not visit potato flowers, and they do visit
canola and sunflowers.  Here in PEI our beekeeping association has asked
members to be on the lookout for kills resulting from bees drinking
contaminated water in the drills.  So far no one has reported anything.

The following is quoted from an exchange on the bombus-l in 1996: