From:
Peter Hutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 14:48:28 GMT
 CHRS: IBMPC 2
 CODEPAGE: 437
 MSGID: 240:244/116 494de4c5
 REPLY: 240:44/0 7ce5e54b
 PID: FDAPX/w 1.12a UnReg(450)
been breeding up very late, even now there is a lot of sealed brood with night
temperastures down to 4 celcius. This has made inroads into the winter stores
such that I will have to do some late feeding. We never get two years in a row
when things seem on an even keel. This year colonies were collecting pollen
around Christmas and February was so warm, June was wet and cold. Today I saw
the biggest fattest queen humble bee working away as if it was Spring when
perhaps she ought to be hibernating. It has been a year when swarms have thrown
swarms despite having plenty of room and foundation to draw, other swarms have
collected more surplus honey than established colonies.
One thing is sure beekeeping can never be boring can it ??

Regards from the Garden of England.

---
 * Origin: Kent Beekeeper Beenet Point (240:244/116)