Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 21:24:36 GMT+0200
Hi All

I  have thouugh of a reason that  the honey  is light. I have  often
watched my  bees colecting propolis. They do so when it is warm so
they can get the stuff oof whatever it is on. (eg eucalyptus trees
here). My bees are drawing a few frames now in winter with the
euucalyptus flow and I have  noticed that  these frames are lighter
than the frames drawn from another eucalyptuus flow in summer. Hence
my theory is that the bees are unable to gather much propolis
nowbecause oof the cold. Hence the honey will pick up less of the
water soluble elements of the propolis as there is less propolis and
hence will be lighter?

Now lts of the posts Ihave seen fromthe US are grumbling about a wet
spring with lots oof clouuds.  Noot good for propolis gathering. Are
the recently drawn frames lighter looking? I wouuld think that old
frames wouuld also have lighterhoney as  the residual  colouring
leftin the frames wouldnot be 'honey' solble, otherwise  it wouldnot
beleft, solast years colour will not  carry through.

Keep well

Garth

 Just a thought

Garth
---
Garth Cambray       "Opinions expressed in this post may be those
15 Park Road         of Pritz, my cat, who knows a lot about
Grahamstown          catfood."
South Africa               Phone 27-0461-311663

In general, generalisations are bad.
But don't worry BEEEEEE happy.