Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:26:55 GMT
>>Wasn't the high incidence of AFB a purely American problem?

I've heard of cases of foulbrood (not sure if American or European)
on the continent but I don't how often it occurs.

Perhaps European beeks recycle their wax more frequently?  Wax
replenishment takes out significant amounts of foulbrood spores.  In
my neck of the woods, beeks tend to overuse Terramycine not recycle
the wax.

One beekeeper I am friends with has not renewed the combs since he
started nearly 30 years ago.  He's reporting high winter failures
this year and so he may be realizing that perhaps it's the wax.

Waldemar