Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2011 23:43:12 -0400
>> the allowable residue level for imidacloprid in potatoes is 300 ppb.
>> the allowable residue level for imidacloprid in tomato paste is 1000 ppb.

>One thing that we've learned in this discussion, though, is that you sure
>don't want to feed your bees canned tomato paste!

The key here is the word, "allowable".

Does anyone have any actual data as to what levels have actually been
found in foods?

Global tested soy flour at some considerable expense, since soy has a fairly
high "allowable" level and found that if there is any, it is non-detectable using
sensitive equipment at a USDA lab.

So, I guess the real question is that although permissible levels are high, how
often, if ever, are they achieved in practice?