From:
Graham Law <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 17:11:54 -0400
(Cross post from Irish List)
Hi all,

I have just returned from an evening at my local bee club where we were
attempting to milk semen from drones with a view to some AI work.  The
drones were all flyers but every one proved to be dry.   We were scratching
our heads when someone said that they had heard that Bayvarol varroa
treatment in the Spring can cause this symptom and indeed these donor hives
had been so treated.

Has anyone out there had similar experience with Bayvarol/Apistan
treatments?  If there is anything in this suspicion then Spring treatments
should be avoided if not absolutely necessary.

Cheers
Graham

-----
Graham Law