From:
Ken Hoare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:43:16 +0100
The question is asked, "What is good way to kill africanized bees in a hive
while leaving the combs
in usable condition?"

Secure the hive and place everything into the freezer. I do it when the wife
is not looking but to retain family harmony place the box into a clean
plastic sack and secure it. You will find that with the protection of the
woodwork it takes about three days to kill them and the majority will have
their heads deep within a cell, similar to a case of starvation. Then either
a tedious job picking them out or allow the next colony to do so.

Worth experimenting with the time as I am sure that with less than three
days they are very immobile and could be shaken off the combs and killed
with petrol or similar.

If you call in for breakfast sometime make sure the sausages come from the
refrigerator!!

Ken Hoare