From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 09:12:16 -0700
>    Roy Nettlebeck wrote (in response to my suggestion to use soapy water
> for ant control):
>
> >I was stacking up some deep
> >boxs for some painting and I came across a couple of boxs that had the
> >red headed ants in them. I mixed up some soapy water and did add a little
> >borax and put it in a sprayer. It worked great. They were runing all over
> >the boxes and I just kept spraying them. I went back out in about an hour
> >and found some under a cover. So I sprayed them also. They just curl up
> >and die and we don't have to mess up our environment. Thanks for the
> >great info. Worked like a charm.

  Page 2

 Hi, In the late afternoon yesterday , I went out to paint some more
boxs. I found the mother load of ants under a piece of plywood. I made a
mistake by not putting the plywood back over the ants , while I was
getting the sprayer fixed up.Then my 7 year old wanted to spray the ants
and that sounded good to me.The problem came when I was getting bitten by
ants that crawled up my legs. I looked down at the ground and there were
ants on the ground in about a 20 foot diameter area. Those little buggers
really bite.I had ants up to my neck and thats no joke. I had my little
helper spraying the ground all over the place. It was in my driveway and
we used just soap in a 1 1/2 gallon sprayer.I finished the paint job and
my son used up a full sprayer of soapy water on the ants.It was time for
a shower and a change of cloths for me. I hope this is the end of the ant
problem.Its raining today , I should have soap bubbles forming in my
driveway. This season has been less than perfect.
 Best Regards
  Roy