From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:25:38 -0500
Hello Peter B. & All,

>Let me get this straight: the people who don't read on the internet are in
>the position to know what you can believe when you go there. That makes no
>sense at all. How would they know?

I think those on the list have heard as I have that you can only believe
about half what you read on the internet. What part of a percent of what is
up here are research papers? My guess research papers would fall into the
part you can believe ( unless maybe a few  chemical company papers ).

> However, most of the work of getting food raised and on the table is done
> by other people, who also have the right to make a living.

"right to make a living?"

Has nothing to do with the issue but if ones opinion is that we should
forget the beekeepers and not ry to solve their issues because farmers can
not grow crops without the neonicotniods then I disagree! Strongly?

I think you have been reading too many chemical company propaganda internet
reports if you believe we would all starve without the neonicotinoids.

Ok I found on the internet:
"The world will starve without the use of the neonicotinoids in four years"
By Fred Einstein (joke)

Because a higher amount of DDT is being used today in our fields than in the
day of Rachael Carson I point out that the most logical thing which would
happen in the U.S. if public opinion and science turned against the chemical
companies would be that the use of the neonicotinoids could only be used
under a section 18. That's the place imidacloprid use started. Millions of
section 18 's are issued.
I think the chemical companies ( my opinion) are confident the
neonicotinoids are here to stay in the U.S. at least within the realm of
section 18's.

bob