From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 05:12:38 +0100
A new report from Skamberg
http://www.skamberg.com/honey.htm
(Highlights are mine)

*November 2008*

A good US raw honey crop has helped the world raw honey supply a bit, but
the demand is still high for honey. The Canadian raw honey crop is
comparable to last year, which was well below average. Brazil is just
starting to sell honey into the world market and India will be getting some
honey into the market very soon. This too should help on the supply side,
but somewhere down the road it is believed that demand is going to have to
drop to equalize the supply or allow supply to overtake the demand. At that
time prices will most likely soften. We are not at that point yet. We are
probably several months to a year away from that, so some would argue that
raw honey prices have not yet peaked.

What we have seen though, is that as new crop honey enters the market, it
tends to be offered at a lower price than what has been typical, but prices
quickly firm up and start to rise as demand warrants. This is a slightly
different trend than what we have seen in the past, where prices start high
and then are reduced when buying stalls. If this trend continues, this
could help to stabilize prices down the road. The Argentina drought is
still a concern, although they have had some beneficial rains recently. It
is still too early to get a good prediction of that crop.

The bottom line feeling is that raw honey prices are still trending higher,
though not as dramatically as we have seen since last February.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.