From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:22:24 -0500
Allen said:
Gee, Bob, some of us have had that many a DAY!.  Not a particularly good
day, though.

I think the most I have ever taken in a setting has been around 60. Once as
a teenager I stumbled and fell on a hive coming off the back of a truck and
my veil came off. Boy were the bees upset! Myself and another beekeeper (
name many would recognize) ran to a small pond and jumped in. I remember
each time we came up for air I would get another sting. My mother said I had
around 60 sting marks on me.

Another time in almonds the last level of skids fell off the truck (I was
driving) and I did not take time to put on a veil but went back to set
things up for the swinger driver. I figured being a dark night they would be
crawling but figured wrong as the swinger light made me a perfect target.
Not sure exactly how many stings but zero swelling the next day.

I walked to the truck box and got a suit out once this spring feeding bees
in a light rain. Bees not in a good mood.

 I have read your diary page and wonder how you could get 150-200 stings at
a setting in the English beesuit? They work AHb with those! About the only
time I get stung in those suits is on the back when my back is wet from
sweat and sticking to me.

As I have said on lists before.  I like to use a smoker and always carry a
bee suit in the trucks in case needed. I do not do any serious bee work
without a netting veil.

I concede Allen has received more stings in a single setting than I have.
Forget to put the bee suit in the truck Allen?

Bob