Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2018 13:17:44 -0400
A member of our local chapter posted about his use of a fogger for
administering OA vapor.

In a nutshell, it is a Burgess 16443652N 44oz. Propane Insect Fogger from
Wal-Mart. Cost is about $70 (almost half that of a wand vaporizer!). You
mix the OA with Vodka (humorous comments invited) since you cannot get 95%
ethanol, but then add more Vodka to get the correct amount of alcohol for a
soluble mix ( 25 gms of OA to 120ml of 75% alcohol).

The part that is interesting is that the suggested dose is in squirts-
three to be "exact" to get 1 to 1.5 gm of delivered OAV. With the vodka, an
additional squirt is suggested. The fortunate thing about OAV is that the
range is fairly broad anyway and it is hard to overdose.

So...anyone try this and what were the results? I love experimenting, but
with my total hip replacements, I will be OOC during this year's treatment
time and would never suggest my mentees try it until do it and find out if
it works.

If it does, then another weapon in the arsenal, and a cheap and easy one to
boot.

Only drawback I see is if the beekeeper consumes the Vodka before and not
after treatment.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine