From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:57:23 -0500
> 2)  Most of the damage to aquatic and riparian (stream edge) invertebrates
> was from 'inert' ingredients such as the surfactants and adjuvants used in
> herbicides and insecticides. In particular surfactants, which include
> soaps and detergents, affect the surface tension of the spiracle and other
> membranes and thus affect respiration at very low levels when there is
> direct contact.

I also believe the above is the cause of the direct kill for the bees. if
sprayed after the bees are back in the hive perhaps not as big a concern but
all these spray guys work in daylight and on blooms.

As a member of the Sierra club my fellow members need to know about the
current rise in 24D use I think.

having weeds in soybeans when combining does not to me seem enough of an
emergency to release 24D in to the environment.

Roundup is the most sold herbicide in the world and if control is failing
and the chemical company answer is to combine 24D to regain control then
perhaps the Sierra club needs to take a stand.

Section 18's are issued all the time. A simple form and ten bucks gets
banned chemicals for use in pest control in Missouri.

Section 18's opened the door for the neonicotinoids.

bob