From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 04:44:40 -0800
Chris Slade wrote:  "suggested a donation to Bees for Development."

I've likewise had some offers of "what do we owe you?"  Mostly, these are the people that understand bees, and ironically, these are the cases, like Chris', where I didn't do anything but offer advice.

For a while I was suggesting to the homeowners where I did extensive removals that since I did something for them (which was a help to them) that they in turn could help someone else.  I gave them a small flyer with the address of the Jackson Ministerial Alliance.  It was an agency I could check on.  I even mentioned their donation was tax deductable.

Only one person ever made a donation.  He was a lawyer.  Everyone else, all smiles and gratitude for getting rid of the bees, didn't do anything.

Grant
Jackson, MO