From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:22:01 -0500
>  Now its been cold here
>(we have had many frosts in the Taconics of eastern New York State)and I
>cannot find a single plant still blooming.  What could this orange pollen
>be? Any ideas?

Farther north yet in PEI I saw a few bees with pollen in one yard.  Upon
investigation I found that several dandelions had gotten their calendar
screwed up and were flowering (and being worked).   At a friend's place the
other day he showed me some blueberry vines flowering , and some which had
just set fruit.  I picked a few raspberries the other day.