From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:16:16 -0500
At 04:31 PM 1/29/2006, you wrote:
>So since the '05 almond harvest, about 60% of the crop has sold, and we are
>about 50% of the way to the next harvest. Alan, your explanation doesn't
>hold up.

Not necessarily true.  Often supplies are sold in advance of delivery.  According to the article at: http://www.honeyrunapiaries.com/25.138.0.0.1.0.phtml

"A report by the Almond Board of California pegs the volume of almonds in storage Dec. 31 at 568 million pounds, virtually the same as the 564 million pounds on hand one year earlier."
"The biggest difference is the unsold inventory was 378 million pounds, nearly 30 percent more than the 291 million pounds unsold as of Dec. 31, 2004. "

-Tim