From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:50:47 -0500
Randy said:
It would be easy for me to get on the anti-neonic bandwagon if I could find
a shred of good evidence.

Looks like you , Bill & Gavin are in agreement but what about myself and the
rest of the list. Hmm.

A pendulum swings both ways.

Posted to the entomology list by the highly regarded in the beekeeping
community ( and by myself)
 Dr. Chip Taylor .
University of Kansas

Chip Taylor
There have been lots of issues associated with the widespread
> practice of feeding high-fructose corn syrup to bees over the last few
> years. It hasn't always produced the desired results - leading to a good
> deal of speculation about the quality of the syrup and the wisdom of this
> practice. Imidacloprid is now present in high-fructose corn syrup - with
> consequences for bees -- and is probably being consumed by all of us with
> each soda (and other foods with hfcs) we drink. Giving rise to questions
> such as: do we know the consequences for humans? Do we excrete it? Does it
> accumulate? Do we metabolize it into harmless components or are there
> toxic derivatives? With all the bad news accumulating about this class of
> insecticides, some of which are thought to have a half-life in soil of up
> to 17 years, it would be nice to have the answers to these and other
> questions.
>
> http://home.ezezine.com/1636/1636-2012.04.05.17.00.archive.html
> --
> Chip Taylor