From:
David Tharle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:04:40 -0600
Not all canola crops are created equal, if fact varietal differences can
be quite extreme.  Some will produce honey much like you described or
even worst (much like it's ancestor rapeseed which would granulate just
looking at it), others are quite easy to handle. Some produce well and
others not at all.  At any given time we have over 100 varieties
licenced in Western Canada. Old ones are dropped and new ones added each
year, so it's impossible to follow which are better.  You can't leave it
in the comb for months, but most we have here now are good for a few
weeks.  It does makes a beautiful creamed product.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, Alberta
Canada