From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:25:34 -0500
"I think it highly improbable that we can't produce a nutritionally complete pollen substitute. There are two caveats. They are palatability and cost. "

Did you mean "can produce" instead of "can"t produce"? If it is "improbable that we can't", is that the same as saying that we can? I am confused by your wording.

Protein patties should be used as a supplement and not a substitute, shouldn't they? I heard many times this past weekend that we don't know enough about what is needed by bees or what goes into their pollen stores to be able to supply our colonies with a complete substitute.