From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:28:56 -0300
  Yellow jackets have eaxy access to oour house, via the little gasps thaat
are normally left between bricks when building a brick wall.  Once inside,
we only see them when one "gets lost" andsomehow gets inside the living
room, instead of outdoors.  They gravitate to the light, and the big picture
window draws them there.AS a child my parents taught us children how to get
rid of unwanted, single , insects.  It is quite simple.  arm oneself with a
clear , straight sided, drinking glass, and a bit of thin cardboard.  put
the glass over the insect, and slide the cardboard between glass and window.
Keep cardboard closely  tight over glass, and hold it upright.  The insect
will climb to the top.  Just take it outside and remove the cardboard and
reverse the glass.  Occupant is happy to go on its way.!!

  EDW